Filmgroupie

An enthusiastic young fan of films.

Something About Me...

Mad and confused person with heart in films and body functioning in an IT firm, trying to evolve as a filmmaker...more about me

Some toughts...

Just imagine what genre of film will be made if you have a magic wand in your hand which can convert your entire life into a movie. A family drama, love story, comedy or an inspirational one.

Intro...

Cinema..what an amazing invention that man made to showcase ones dreams to others. Which is started as one for entertainment in the early years of last century had become more than that by the end of the century. Irrespective of region, language, religion its enjoyed by people all over the world. There is always a discussion whether its films that impacts the society or its society that inspires the films. I always believe like how good books that we read in our life develops our personality, well made movies that we watched also equally inspires us for being what we are.

Since the days when I first consciously enjoyed cinema to till date it always amazed me. The first movie that I remembered watching in theater is Arunakiranam (Starring Rajashekar, Vijayashanthi..) released in the year 1985, I was four year old then but still I remember the emotion that I felt for Vijayashanthi character when she gets cheated by Rajashekar in the movie. At that age I don't know know what emotions are but still the visuals shown on screen made me feel sorry for the character. Such a strong medium cinema is.

I used to admire the characters that I watched in movies and urged to be like them. Its a different world which takes me in for 2&1/2 hours and leaves me out with wonderful experience, emotion and memories to cherish for lifetime. I believe the movies that I watched surely had an influence on the personality that I have been today. Not only just watching but imitating the favorite characters of the movies is always a fun in childhood. In my school and college days I had more fights with my friends over a favorite actor arguments than any other thing. Being part of an actors fans association especially in southern part India is a kind of status among young kids in those days. And the fun of watching popular actors movie first day first show is not less than celebrating biggest festival of the season.

Discussing the movies with friends is one past time till date which I never get bored instead the long and intense the discussions the more it excites me. Slowly from story and actors of a movie my interest expanded to film making and its aesthetics. The more I became interested the more I started learning about how the films are being made. All this knowledge I acquired created created an urge in me to make films and tell stories in my own way to the viewers. The glimpse of excitement in the viewers eyes while watching my movie, the thought itself giving me goosebumps. But then destinations can not be reached just by desires there are many other factors which effects your life. Though I am working in IT industry at present, I still live for my dream and one day I will definitely make a movie.

Meanwhile I am starting this blog to share the knowledge I acquired on films and film making in all these days and get your views and experiences on the same through comments. That way I believe I can learn more about films and create a repository of knowledge which can be helpful to me in future and other aspiring film makers as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment